Monday, November 12, 2007

Customer Service 101 - What's That?

I can only speak for myself, so here's another BA Broadside Salvo [BABS] to the surly business owners and their employees in my world:

Hey Mister / Ms. Business Owner:

How's this for a unique / novel idea:

Your business is a physical manifestation of a concept that maybe, just maybe, your customers have a basic human need to feel - at the minimum - somewhat special, kindda appreciated, not disrespected, and to be served by people who at least act like they enjoy serving their customers.
Now, for an even more novel idea:
Your business is a physical manifestation of a concept that people have a basic human need to feel special, to be appreciated, to be respected as individuals, and to be served by people who truly enjoy being gracious, helpful, kind and caring.

Maybe, just maybe, if I received the impression from you and / or your employees that you appreciated my business, I would come back for another visit.